AFIS (Biometric / fingerprint) Checks
The Nanny Corp offers a thorough screening process on all our nanny, domestic nanny and night nanny placement candidates by using the AFIS method. The Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) is a biometric identification (ID) methodology that uses digital imaging technology to obtain, store, and analyze fingerprint data. Once the results come back clear, we will place her with a family.
This is what our candidates have to go through:
- Pre-screen process to ensure she has a minimum of 3 years’ nanny, night nanny or domestic nanny experience with a prior family
- At least 2 references which must all be favorable (working as a nanny, domestic nanny or night nanny)
- Personal meeting to ensure she is presentable and well spoken
- In depth interview to make sure we understand her strengths and weaknesses as well as personality traits to match her with the right type of family
- We do AFIS fingerprint checks on all candidates to make sure they have a clear criminal record
- All placed candidates will receive a training course for free depending on the placement package chosen. The client will assess the nannies skills and decide what course she wants her new lady to attend. For more information on the modules, please refer to the nanny training page.